REGULATION OF THE 15th INTERNATIONAL FOLK FESTIVAL -
The International folk festival – Montana 2020, is devoted to the Day of Montana – Saint Spirit (the first Monday after Pentecost, 51 days after orthodox Easter) and is part of the program of celebration.
Organizer: Municipality of Montana, Bulgaria
Duration: June 6th - 11th, 2020
Conditions: The folk dance ensembles from all of countries are invited to participate in the International Folk Festival – Montana’ 2020.
The total number of participants in groups (leaders, dancers, musicians, singers, translator, drivers, officials and accompanying persons) must be 35 persons. If the well-founded reasons require a different number, the organizersare allowed to decide whether it is permissible to accept the group with a larger or smaller number of participants.
Program: Each group must perform programs of the following durations:
- 60 minutes (one concert of your own);
- 30 minutes (during the opening ceremony of the festival);
- 10 minutes (in the festival assembly concert on Saint Spirit Day);
- 30 minutes (in concert with your hosts’ group); and must also take part in the processions.
The groups may perform their program with the accompaniment of live or recorded music, the choice depends on the preferences of the group. Electronic music is allowed.
The groups have to bring their national flag.
The concerts included in the festival program take place on the open-air stage at the central square of Montana. There are accompanying concerts in the neighboring towns near Montana. In case of rainy weather the performances are in the hall of the Drama Theater.
Groups are obliged to submit the completely filled application form till the mentioned by the organizerd dead-line.
The festival is funded by the Municipality of Montana, sponsors and other sources (programs and projects). The organizers providing for participants:
- hotel accommodations (2 or 3 beds in the room);
- meals (3 times daily) in the restaurant of the same hotel;
- an excursion to the landmarks of the region;
- transport from Sofia Airport to Montana and back (for groups arriving by plane) and during the festival.
The responsibility of the guest’s group is:
- travel costs;
- visa costs (if necessary);
- medical insurance.
Contact person: Nelly Vasileva
Senior expert of culture and religion
Municipality of Montana
1 Izvora Str.
Phone: ++359 96 394 237